top of page
If you need a pdf of any publication, please email me or visit my Google Scholar Profile
25. Perkin JS, Troia MJ, Acre MR. Accepted. Conservation Status of Native Fishes in the Chihuahuan Desert Region of the United States: A Spatial Perspective. Proceedings of the Desert Fishes Council Special Publication 2021
24. Troia MJ, McManamay RA, Kao S-C, O’Connor PW. 2021. A heuristic tool to assess regional impacts of renewable energy infrastructure on conservation areas. Biological Conservation.
23. Veach AM, Troia MJ, Cregger MA. 2021. Assessing biogeographic survey gaps in bacterial diversity knowledge: A global synthesis of freshwaters. Freshwater Biology. doi.org/10.1111/fwb.13777
22. Troia MJ, McManamay RA. 2020. Biogeographic classification of streams using fish community- and trait-environment relationships. Diversity and Distributions. 26, 108-125.
21. Troia MJ, *Kaz AL, *Niemeyer JC, Giam X. 2019. Reduced habitat suitability limits efficacy of climate change refugia in streams. Nature Ecology and Evolution. 3, 1321–1330
20. Troia MJ, Giam X. 2019. Extreme heat events and the vulnerability of endemic montane fishes to climate change. Ecography. 42, 1913-1925.
19. McManamay RA, Troia MJ, DeRolph CR, Sheldon AO, Barnett AR, Kao SC, Anderson MG. 2018. A stream classification system to explore the physical habitat diversity and anthropogenic impacts in riverscapes of the eastern United States. PLoS ONE. 13, e0198439.
18. Veach AM, Troia MJ, Jumpponen A, Dodds WK. 2018. Top–down effects of a grazing, omnivorous minnow (Campostoma anomalum) on stream microbial communities. Freshwater Science. 37, 121-133.
17. Troia MJ & McManamay RA. 2017. Completeness and coverage of open-access freshwater fish distribution data in the United States. Diversity and Distributions. 23, 1482-1498.
16. McManamay RA, Surendran Nair S, DeRolph CR, Ruddell BL, Morton AM, Stewart RN, Troia MJ, Tran L, Kim H, Bhaduri BL. 2017. US cities can manage national hydrology and biodiversity using local infrastructure policy. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 114, 9581–9586
15. Troia MJ, Gido KB. 2017. Testing metabolic cold adaptation as a driver of warm-water fish species replacement along the river continuum. Environmental Biology of Fishes. 100, 265–279
14. Troia MJ. 2017. What should your state fish be? Improving public awareness of endemic fishes in the US. Fisheries. 42, 9–15.
13. McManamay RA, Brewer S, Troia MJ, Jager Y. 2016. Organizing environmental flow frameworks to meet hydropower mitigation needs. Environmental Management. 58:365–385.
12. Troia MJ, McManamay RA. 2016. Filling in the gaps: evaluating completeness and coverage of open-access biodiversity data in the United States. Ecology and Evolution. 6, 4654–4669.
11. Perkin JS, Troia MJ, Shaw DC, Gerken JE, Gido KB. 2016. Multiple watershed alterations influence fish community structure in Great Plains prairie streams. Ecology of Freshwater Fish. 25, 141–155.
10. Troia MJ, *Denk MD, Gido KB. 2015. Temperature-dependent performance as a driver of warmwater fish species replacement along the river continuum. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences. 73, 394–405.
9. Troia MJ, Gido KB. 2015. Functional strategies drive community assembly of stream fishes along environmental gradients and across spatial scales. Oecologia. 177, 545–559.
8. Troia MJ, Williams LR, Williams MG, Ford NB. 2015. The process domains concept as a framework for fish and mussel habitat in a coastal plain river of southeastern North America. Ecological Engineering. 75, 484–496.
7. Troia MJ, Whitney JE, Gido KB. 2015. Thermal performance of larval longfin dace (Agosia chrysogaster), with implications for climate change. Environmental Biology of Fishes. 98, 395–404.
6. Mosher JJ, Troia MJ, Fortner AM, Phillips JR, Bevelhimer MS, Stewart AJ. 2015. Spatial and temporal correlates of greenhouse gas diffusion from a hydropower reservoir in the southern United States. Water. 7, 5910–5927
5. Troia MJ, Whitney JE, Gido KB. 2014. Alternative spawning strategy and temperature for larval emergence of longfin dace (Agosia chrysogaster) in stream mesocosms. The Southwestern Naturalist. 59, 277–280.
4. Troia MJ, Gido KB. 2014. Towards a mechanistic understanding of stream fish niche divergence along a river continuum. Ecosphere. 5, 1–18.
3. Troia MJ, Gido KB. 2013. Predicting stream fish communities across multiple drainage basins: evaluating model generality and the effect of spatial extent. Journal of Environmental Management. 128, 313–323.
2. Troia MJ, Ford NB. 2010. Notes on habitat and burrowing behavior of Obovaria jacksoniana (Bivalvia: Unionidae) in the upper Neches River. Texas Journal of Science. 62,195–199.
1. Wellnitz TA, Troia MJ, Ring M. 2010. Does ambient substrate composition influence consumer diversity effects on algal removal? Hydrobiologia. 652, 15–22.
bottom of page